During the winter of 2015 CHEER community outreach specialists brought health care insurance information and opportunities to the Latino and African immigrant communities in the Takoma Park and Silver Spring area. During the Affordable Care Act open enrollment season our team of eight community outreach specialists contacted 1,368 people about health care opportunities through the Affordable Care Act and the Kaiser Permanente Community Health Access Program (CHAP). Read More
- CHEER Brings Health Care Insurance Opportunities to the Latino and African Immigrant Communities
- Free Health Insurance for those who do not qualify for ACA coverage
- It’s Open Enrollment Season for Affordable Care Act Health Insurance!!
- Snapshots of Community Improvement 2014
- Interested in Putting More Community into your Neighborhood?
Join the Discussion!
Tagsaction Affordable Care Act affordable housing African American Health Program American Community Survey Census CHEER community health improvement process democracy Diversity economic opportunity education engagement Essex House Goals health enterprise zone Health Insurance home ownership housing actions housing affordability housing opportunity housing quality human development income gap job training Kaiser Permanente Latin Americans Linkages to Learning Program local institutions Long Branch medical services Montgomery Housing Partnership Neighborhood Improvement Process physical assets Quality of Life Rental Property Rolling Terrace safety Social Connections Social Networks stories Takoma Park Unnatural Causes Vision youth employment