CHEER is a community driven participatory research process. We offer opportunities to engage community members, gather information, learn, and formulate actions that will make a difference. In the coming months we will need writers, film makers, interviewers, researchers, analysts, note takers, hosts, and more. See Specific opportunities currently available below.
- Writer/editor: write and edit for publication articles and research reports derived from community based research on the Takoma Park/Long Branch community.
- News Media Outreach: Draft and send press releases. Communicate with the press to get coverage of CHEER in the news.
- Community Reporters: Create written, visual, and audio records of the community. Document using various media or multi-media various aspects of life and the conditions of the community related to community based priorities.
- Grant writer. Work with Executive director and Board to identify, draft, and edit grant applications for CHEER and for projects within the community.
- Online Communications Outreach: manage social media, keep the CHEER website up to date and full of usable content, assist in developing and implementing social media strategy.
- Health Research Assistant: to staff showings of the film documentary “Unnatural Causes”, conduct focus groups etc. document Must be fluent in Spanish and English. Funding for part-time position is available.
- Research assistants, data managers, number crunchers, and map producers to do analysis as needed to conduct community based participatory research.
- Administrative Assistant to assist with organization and documentation of files and research and manage office.
If you are interested in volunteering or participating, please contact the Director, Bruce Baker at [email protected] or call 301-589-3633.