Goal: The local economy functions in an environmentally sensitive way.
- FIRST INDICATOR: Number of certified green businesses.
- SECOND INDICATOR: Percent of residents who do not use a motorized vehicle to commute to work.
Goal: Homes increase energy efficiency.
- FIRST INDICATOR : Number of kilowatts used per housing unit/person.
- SECOND INDICATOR Measure of natural gas or heating oil used per housing unit/person (adjusted for the number of heating degree days per year).
Goal: Residents live near, or have convenient access to, their work and other needs.
- FIRST INDICATOR: Commuting time and distance by foot, car, public transportation, and bicycle to work.
- SECOND INDICATOR: Distance from hospitals and schools and commercial zones to residences.